Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sunset in Nripatungabetta, Hubli and Tungabhadra Dam

Nripatungabetta is a hillock  near Hubli, Karnataka, from where one can not only have a bird's eye view of the city but behold a beautiful sunset as well. Recently I was there and here are the pics....
Whatte view! Nripatungabetta, Hubli




I  used to call Him 'Red ball'

The Sinking Sun, Nripatungabetta, Hubli


.....and sinks..................Nripatungabetta, Hubli

.........and just see the myriad shades! Nripatungabetta, Hubli



The dusk at Nripatungabetta, Hubli










My scheduled plan of reaching Hospet late in the afternoon did not work out. Then since I had the evening on hand, I decided to visit the Dam, about fifteen kilometres away. The lazy me left Hospet only by about 5:30 p.m., but perhaps it was ordained as much--- I was feted to a beautiful sunset and an unforgettable dusk.................please accept my mediocre pics, go there, and, click your own better ones! I have no regret for not having seen the look- alike of the Brindavan Gardens over there!

The Sunset from Tungabhadra Dam


Tungabhadra Dam

Aha! Tungabhadra Dam

I lost count of the number of snaps I clicked....Tungabhadra Dam

One more! Tungabhadra Dam






















































         Hope you liked them! They may be repetitive, but enjoyable enough, I guess!
Dusk makes its first appearance,  Tungabhadra Dam
         
Dusk @ Tungabhadra Dam
Yellow, orange, red........Tungabhadra Dam

Reflection of dusk, Tungabhadra Dam

What's the original n what's the reflection? Tungabhadra Dam

No words to describe my excitement...@ Tungabhadra Dam

Greying dusk, @ Tungabhadra Dam


Reflection of a cloud of smoke, @ Tungabhadra Dam

Wow, @  Tungabhadra Dam

Myriad shades of dusk, @  Tungabhadra Dam

@  Tungabhadra Dam
Clouds of smoke @  Tungabhadra Dam
@ a different place @  Tungabhadra Dam
Hmmmm....@  Tungabhadra Dam

@  Tungabhadra Dam


@  Tungabhadra Dam

@  Tungabhadra Dam

As the cloud of smoke  blankets the waxing moon, @  Tungabhadra Dam

The smoke hurts, but just look at the colour Scheme- Divine, isn't it?

Black smoke on the orange sky, @  Tungabhadra Dam

Reflections, @  Tungabhadra Dam


19 comments:

Vishy said...

Beautiful, will visit the betta once more and try to capture the sunset. I think i can manage the sunrise too!

Mediocre to the Core said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mediocre to the Core said...

Please do, Sir! And, the Sunrise gives me another incentive to visit Hubli! And, thanks for viewing my page!

irnewshari said...

WOW. Really superb pictures. Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures. Hope to see more such pics in your blog.

Hari

Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank u hari, but it was the beauty of nature, no credit 2 me!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! SNAPS DEAR, Thanks for sharing i am from hubli........

keep it up

Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank you, Pavan! Glad you liked them!

Nanda said...

Excellent shots. Some of these will make professional photographers jealous.. In the second one - the mound on the hill just below the sun makes it look like a pat of the earth is rising to meet the sinking sun.. Excellent angles and captures in almost all the photos. Bravo.

Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank u Nanda! Full credit to the beauty that manifested itself before me.....i am no good about looking for good angles.....i get excited and click like a reflex action

Nanda said...

Hmm! 49% Credit to the "beauty that manifested itself" and 51% credit to the "intelligence that made sense of this beauty", captured it in an image and presented it here for the rest of the world to see. A thousand butterfly nebulae may be blooming with the utmost cosmic beauty in the universe, but what are they to us if the Hubble didn't decide to look in that direction and capture a snap?

Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank u Nanda for the compliment ( I'd still vote for serendipity than for myself)! Ur remarks are very nicely written; in case my blog becomes very popular, I wouldnt be surprised to learn that the readers are more interested in your comments than my posts! Thank you for giving my page the privilege of hosting your remarks.

Nanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mediocre to the Core said...

Thanks, Nanda! Let me place on record my sincere thanks for your interest. I too look forward to your commennts. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Nanda said...

Ah! Your lavish praise might make me get carried away. And the nicely written words might fall over the edge and convey something that their author did not intend. If you see something like that, please know that it's accidental. And yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog, will continue through it and you're going to hear a lot more from me!!

Mediocre to the Core said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank you, and u shall see more on this space( i'm motivated to put more ideas into writing). I hope to publish some starting March( I'm preoccupied with a task right now). And, don't worry, your words didnt convey anything inappropriate.

Mediocre to the Core said...

And, pl let me clarify that nicely written only implies that ur comments reflect that u are a learned person....... nothing more than that.

Nanda said...

Ah! Let me assure too that my interpretation is no different. Let me also clear up the mess that I seem to have created. I have a fancy for using these cool sounding jargonish heavy words and phrases in my communication. And it's not often that I get a chance to write. So once I started writing here, especially once you prasied me and said I was writing well, I was kind of getting carried away and letting myself really fly. I was letting loose this volley of verbiage and enjoying every moment of it. I was aware though that at some point, it was likely that I'll let slip some idiom or construct that might convey a confusing sense or worse, a negative connotation. I thought such a thing happened a few replies back in this thread, so deleted the comment and put in an explanation that was supposed to just say this much. Instead, the explanation I guess went completely bonkers and said something totally different.

Communication in many ways is like driving. The occassional wrong turn or a pothole like this will hopefully make one better at the art.

Either way, my apologies for the distraction and inconvenience caused to you. I'll continue enjoying your blog and posting, hopefully, some useful stuff here. And hopefully, one day I'll have enough substance and communication skills to probably compile something original, something of my own!

And yes, we'll be tearing up the last page of this year's calendar shortly. So here's my best wishes to you - have a happy time and a roaring great new year!

Mediocre to the Core said...

Thank you Nanda! I'm no better at the art of communication, anyway! I appreciate your modesty, but I request you not to deprive the world of your learning and your writing capability! Let me add, the book, "The Underachiever's Manifesto", arrived today. Read a bit.... it has to be read by all those who value success over everything in life. I hope to complete it soon (it's actually a wish!) and even post a summary! good nite & happy new year!