Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Film Review- Oh, Baby!- Telugu- 2019


Film Review- Oh, Baby!- Telugu- 2019
On a sleepless night, I decided to change the trend of walking in the home till I got it- went in for movie watching instead. 

May be because of the times we live in now (corona on a roll), or the odd time of watching it (past midnight), I just loved the movie, pimples, warts and all..
It's the story of a 70-year old self-made woman, who can only look back to innumerable struggles and a heap of regrets, all attributed to God. 
She's considered as a grouch and even turned out of her home. One fine rainy day, she becomes a 24-year old, and gets to relive her life to the fullest, even falling in love with a worthy boy (Vegetables, not sparks, fly when they come face to face for the first time). 
She eventually wipes clean all her regrets, but cannot sustain as a youngster just because she chooses not to.
What appealed to me the most was the abandon with which she lives her guilt-free second youth, while maintaining the dignity of an elderly woman, in her interactions with her dream boy. 
Kudos to the entire team for making this film watchable, even at midnight, and without the masala!
A lesson to be learnt in these hard times- live one day at a time, and live your dreams, today!!!
I, for myself, decided that I should be happier than what I am. And I know the secret as well--- it lies WITHIN me!!
The film is "Oh, Baby!" streaming on Netflix. Strongly recommended for non-Telugus as well, as we have subtitles. 
Happy watching, folks!!
***

No comments: