Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ullala Beach and Netravati : Sagara Teeram, Nadi Samuttaranam, Suryastamayadarsanam




          One evening in Mangalore, we decided to visit the seashore.  We reached the Ullala beach (the place Ullala being famous for a dargah) and walked around.  May be I was not in my elements, I only greeted my friend Samudra from a distance and not by touch.  I noticed that there was a slope in the landscape.  Even if the waves seemed to be low, one could never accurately gauge the depth of water so it appeared improper to venture into deep water (not that it was a valid enough excuse to keep away from Samudra).  A true friend understood silence, it was said.  Samudra did just that.


          On a previous occasion, Samudra did not like the idea of me keeping away from Him.  It was in Bombay, about eleven years ago.  I went to the seashore at the spur of the moment, was too lazy to take off the sneakers that I wore, and pleaded with Him to forgive me.  But, Samudra ensured that I was taught a lesson, so He suddenly wetted my shoes (and my feet) with His wave in the rainy season.  Imagine my plight that I had to take the train to Delhi in another four hours' time with no way to dry my shoes!

The advancing wave, Ullala


  I clicked a few pictures of the breaking and receding waves, of the sand, of the casuarinas trees on the shore and of sunlight glistening on the waters of Samudra.  




The receding wave, Ullala
The casurinas and coconut trees, Ullala
Ullala beach, near Mangalore
Halo of the Sun at the Ullala beach, Mangalore










































Suddenly, I spotted an eagle flying low and managed to get it on to my camera, even if in a corner.  Here is its close-up!
The eagle at the Ullala beach, near Mangalore
         










 
Sunset over the Netravati river, Mangalore- 'en'lightening!
Suryastamayadarsanam



On our way back, we saw some bright light.  We were crossing the Netravati bridge and could spot the setting sun on the horizon.  What a ‘bright sight’ it was! 
















 I need to go back to the sea shore and greet my chum, Samudra, in a proper manner! 

Sunset over the Netravati, Mangalore
          
   



So here I was visiting the seashore (‘Sagara Teeram’) crossing the river (‘Nadi Samuttaranam’) and watching the setting sun (‘Suryastamayadarsanam’).

4 comments:

K. Srinivas Subramanyam said...

Again nice clicks......!!!!!!!

now i am running out of Words to praise this......
Simply Marvelous . . . .!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocre to the Core said...

thank u chinnu!

irnewshari said...

Thanks for wonderful pics of sunset. Expecting more such nice posts about several tourist places.

Hari

Mediocre to the Core said...

thanx Hari, let's hope I'll get to visit more!