Thursday, December 28, 2017

On Babu Uncle బాబూ అంకుల్ అంటే.....

On Babu Uncle బాబూ అంకుల్ అంటే.....
Recently, I was in my hometown to partake of Babu uncle’s 80th birthday celebrations. The anchor offered gift for one’s own poetry, not a recitation. I made up a free verse in a few seconds, on uncle himself, literally thinking on my toes, and took the gift. For a person like uncle, there cannot be a conclusion to any story/ poem pertaining to him. The more time one spends thinking of him, the more is the heap of anecdotes one’s memory throws up. So, a few seconds of time gave me only two stanzas. Here they are:

1.   అందరిలాగా ఆయనదీ గుప్పెడు మనసే
కానీ అందులో ప్రపంచమంతా ఇముడుతుంది
లోకులందరికీ చోటుంటుంది.
2.   ఆయన సూర్యుడు, ఆనందపు వెలుగుల్ని ప్రసరిస్తాడు
చుట్టాలైనా స్నేహితులైనా చంద్రులే,
ఆ వెచ్చని కిరణాలని చల్లగా గ్రోలుతారు కాబట్టి!

****

No comments: